Monday, June 25, 2012

More GREAT Songs!

Last week I stumbled across a great blog by Kelley at Teacher Idea Factory.

Sour Apple Studio
She has awesome ideas and lots of freebies. When you go to her blog the cutest music starts playing! After I dug a little deeper, I found out the music is from a company called Intelli-tunes.
So I buzzed over to their website and I couldn't believe my ears! Fantastic songs for math, reading, science, and so on! They are all done by a VERY talented man named Ron Brown. If you want some great songs to help you teach things like the sound of 'ar' you'll love the Pirate Song. Or 3 Kinds of a Sentence will be great when you teach sentences. There are songs for 'ED' and Nouns, Verbs, Adjectives, Counting, Plants, and the list goes on and on. Oh and I discovered Kelley's secret- Ron Brown is her father and is a retired teacher! No wonder the songs are so appropriate for kids.
I just LOVE music in my classroom. It really helps kids learn and remember things. This is one site you will differently want to check out.

On a personal note: Today is my mom's 80th birthday! Happy Birthday MOM! We had a big family party on Saturday for her. It was a blast!
 Doesn't she look great for 80 years old?
This is my mom and dad. She is 80 and he is 84! They've been married for 62 happy, blissful years!

Okay, sorry for the side track but I think that's quite a milestone. I hope I can make it to 80 or even 84 and at least 62 years with my wonderful hubby!
Have a great week!


7 comments:

Kelley Dolling said...

This post made my heart skip a beat. Thanks so much Sheree . . . I am going to call him right now. You are going to make his day as well :)

Kelley Dolling
Teacher Idea Factory

The Colorful Apple said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! She looks great for 80!

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Lisa R. said...

I love using music in the classroom so I'll have to look into this site!! Happy Birthday to your mom!! :)

Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Mrs. Anderson said...

Your parents look fabulous!!! They don't look their age at all. Thanks for sharing the info about the music. I'm gonna check it out.
Connie:)
www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

Jena Snowden said...

I have been a huge Ron Brown fan since I met him at a math conference a few years ago. I went crazy and bought like 5 of his cd's. Now I am a big ole fan of his daughter and her blog. I am also a fan of your and your blog now too!!!! Your parents are a beautiful couple!

Jena
1st Grade with Miss Snowden

Barbara said...

Wow! Your mom is a young looking 80!!
I think Ron Brown is the guy who does all the songs for Kim Sutton(math lady).
Thanks for sharing!

Barbara
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday to your young mother! She looks great.
❀ Tammy
Forever in First