Saturday, January 19, 2013

Contraction FREEBIE

The pressure is on! I have my formal principal's evaluation on Tuesday. I don't know about you but these always make me soooooo nervous. I've done them a million times. I've had tons of people, over the years, in my classroom watching me teach from district personnel to other school's principals but it always makes me crazy. I think it's because I'm a perfectionist. I want the perfect lesson and my students to behave in a perfect way.

Well it ain't gonna happen this time.

I have a VERY difficult class! Plus I have a new principal and I'm not sure how he grades. And I'm going to use my new Smartboard which doesn't always work the way I want it to. I think that's what is making me soooo nervous. But the 'SHOW' must go on and I'll just do my best.


This darling frame is a freebie by 'Sweet Berry Patch' over on her Teacher Notebook shop. She has some cute stuff!

I'm introducing contractions. I'm excited about my lesson. I'm going to have the kiddos build contractions with tiles and find them in their reading. I love teaching by the gradual release method so there will be lots of TO, WITH, and BY.
 I LOVE this song and wish I knew who wrote it so I could give credit.
 If you'd like to download the anchor chart, practice sheets, and song click HERE.

Linking up with Rebecca's FREEBIE Linking Party. Go check it out. There are some GREAT FREEBIES!

I hope everyone has a great LONG weekend!
Thanks for stopping by.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing! We are working in small groups on contractions, too! I always look forward to reading your posts! Your observation will be great! :)

Kristy said...

Thank you for sharing this freebie. I am having my observation this week. Would you consider making another version of the anchor chart that says, "The first word USUALLY stays the same". I'm just thinking of contractions like won't that change the first word.
Teachin' First

Yolanda said...

Hi Sheree!

What an awesome lesson. Thanks for sharing. You will do great! Your ideas have helped me so so so so so much this year! Hee hee, I even write like a first grader. :)

Veronica said...

Thank you so much for the contractions freebies. You'll do great with your lesson. I know exactly what you mean with a rough group and a new evaluator. UGH! That was me last year.