Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sight WORD Practice Packets

So happy they are FINALLY finished and up loaded to my shops!!!
This is a great resource for practicing sight words. Activities include tracing, writing, building, finding, coloring, and reading sentences for each word.
They are practice sheets for the 100 Fry's Word List. They are divided into 4 packets of 25 words each or the MEGA pack with all 100 words. Each packet also comes with a fun spinner game that also has a homework version. There is also an assessment and tracking card.
I have spent the last 4 months testing, revising, and adding to these sight word packets. I've been using them with my firsties and they LOVE them. I've used them whole class, small group, and individually. I've really seen some great progress with sight words.

Here's some suggested ideas for use.
When I started this packet, I researched the difference between the Dolch and Fry lists. I found that the Dolch was created in the early 1900's and is made up of 220 basic sight words. It has not been revised for decades. Fry's list was created as an updated list based on the changes in language and is made up of 1000 of the most commonly used words in the English language. It is ordered by frequency so all of the Dolch words are embedded in Fry's list. That's why I chose to use Fry's list for my packet instead of Dolch. There is very little difference but Fry's list contains Dolch's and more. Whatever list you use, I hope you'll find my packets useful and helpful.

If you go to my shops and click on the preview there is a sample you can download to use.
All the packets are on sale until Friday over on TpT!
Happy Teaching!!!


No comments: