Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Made It- Paper Pennant Banner

Anyone who knows me very well knows I'm not a crafty person. It's not that I lack desire. I LOVE crafty things but I have a hard time making them. I think it's because I'm too much of a perfectionist and not artsy enough. But I keep trying. I've been making lots of things for my new classroom theme (Happy Campers) on my computer this year. Creating on the computer is easier for me than the crafty way to go. Maybe because I can see it finished and if I don't like it I can change it and I don't have to throw it away and start over. Anyhow, I took a stab at a craft this week and this is what I made-A Pennant Banner!
I'd seen pennants made with fabric and on the computer but I'm going through ink like it's water. So I decided to make my banner out of scrapbook paper. Here's a few pictures of the process.
Here's everything I used. Four different papers that looked good together. It was like planning a quilt. (I do make quilts so maybe I am a little crafty). The jute is what I used to fasten the banner together. I wanted the outdoorsy look. I also used reinforcement hole sticky thingys.
Planned my pattern and contrast of letters.
Used my Cricut to cut out the letters but you could use a die-cut machine or trace them or even print on the computer.
 Then I cut my triangles with a rotary cutter. I got two per 12 x12 pages because I wanted them big. My triangles are 8" wide by 12" long. For a short triangle and 3 per page, you can cut them 6" by 9".
Then I punched the holes, glued on the letters and strung the jute.

I have to admit, it turned out better than I thought it would. I can't wait to hang it in my room.

For lots for cute ideas from other blogger you really should check out 4th Grade Frolics. She does a linky every Monday. Click on the picture to go to her blog.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great Monday. I only have 2 left and then I'm back in school!


8 comments:

Halle said...

Very cute!

And I know what you mean about going through ink like water...especially this time of year!!

Halle
Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

Mrs. Anderson said...

Your banner turned out really cute. I've been wanting to make one for my classroom, too. Now, I just need to get motivated!
Connie:)
www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

Lisa R. said...

I've been debating which way to make a pennant banner! I love how yours came out! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Kindertrips said...

It turned out great!
Jennifer
kindertrips

Unknown said...

So cute! I can't wait to see your classroom when it is all decorated!

Michelle said...

Super cute!! So happy you stopped by my blog this week! I'm a new follower! CONGRATS on your wedding! Sounds like you're having a great summer! Michelle nomonkeybusinessmichelle.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Thanks for visiting my blog this week! :-)
Michelle nomonkeybusinessmichelle.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

You did a GREAT job on those!

❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs