Saturday, October 6, 2012

Sentence Freebie, Digraphs, & Currently

What a C.R.A.Z.Y looooong week. I had a sub on Tuesday for district math assessments. Wednesday and Thursday were Parent Conferences after school for 3 1/2 hours. Lost my voice from so much talking on Wednesday night. Tried to teach and finish my conferences on Thursday. Absolutely NO VOICE on Friday so I got another sub. Stayed home and didn't talk for about 36 hours. I think my hubby was loving it. Feeling a little better today. Voice is back but shaky.
What will this next week bring- FALL BREAK! We only have to go 3 days and then we get Thursday, Friday, and Monday off. I'm excited!!!

Last week when I didn't have a sub and a voice, I taught asking and telling sentences. Here are some of the charts I used and a few practice sheet. You can download a copy by clicking on the picture.

I finished a new packet and uploaded it to my shops. It's Fishing for Digraphs. There are games, activities, charts, and practice sheets for all 5 digraphs. Here are a few pictures from the packet.
You can link over and check it out by clicking the words below.

It's hard to believe it's already October and time for Farley's Currently. Check out her site at Oh Boy 4th Grade.
Yes, my all time favorite Halloween book is Shake Dem Halloween Bones. Your favorite fairy tale characters are having a Halloween Party and dancing up a storm!
Once I've read it, that's all I hear. My kiddos LOVE it and sing it over and over and over again. If you've never read it, YOU NEED TOO!
Well, I hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you found something you can use in your classroom.



4 comments:

Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas said...

I really loved your Currently, I look forward to these every month! You are so right about needing cheap ink! I've tried one of those kits where you refill the old ink cartridges, my hands were a mess for a week! ;)
~Fern
Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!

Unknown said...

So jealous you have a fall break coming up!! We don't get a day off until Thanksgiving. Enjoy it! And feel better soon! I found you on Farley's Currently! :)

-Kaitlyn

missfrenchfirstgrade.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Thank you! My first-graders always need practice on Telling and Asking Sentences:)

Barbara said...

Yes! Cheap ink, that's definitely on my wish list, too:)
I lost my voice last week, too, so I feel your pain! Get better soon.

❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs