If you LOVE picture books then you are going to LOVE this linky.
The Teacher Wife has put together a great linky called:
All you do is post about your top 5 Must-Have-Picture-Books with a link to purchase them.
I started making my list and found out it was VERY hard to pick just five! But here goes:
1. When someone says favorite book "Duck on a Bike" is ALWAYS the first book that pops into my head. I love this book. The pictures are incredible! I use this book to teach inference and predictions. My kiddos can really connect to it.
2. This is a favorite because I know the author Brad Wilcox. He has come to our school a few times and done inservice with our faculty and he teaches at my alma mater BYU. I use this book to teach connections. But it has a great lesson to learn as well.
3. Daniel Kirk has an awesome 3 book series about an adorable Library Mouse who likes to write stories. This is a great book to get kids to enjoy writing.
4. I use this book towards the end of first grade after I have taught all the reading strategies. We spend a long time reading and discussing all our connections, predictions, inferences, and compare and contrasts. The pictures are wonderful too.
5. This is a really funny book that my kids love to hear. There are so many things you can do with this book. It's great for genre study and inflectional endings but best of all it's just fun to read!
So that's my five and believe me it was painful to narrow it down to JUST five!
If you want to link up or just check out other teacher's list just head on over to the Teacher Wife by click her button below! It's a great way to add to your library.