Monday, March 5, 2012

RAZ-KIDS and award

Oh my goodness! Our district wrote a grant and purchased RAZ-KIDS for all the K-3rd grade teachers. It is the coolest program.

Raz-Kids.comMy kiddos are going crazy over it. If you don't know anything about RAZ-KIDS (which I didn't) you need to check it out HERE. It is an on-line reading program. You set each students level and then they get online at school or at home and read books on their level or below. It will be great for Daily 5! They can listen to the book, read it, answer questions about the story, record themselves reading the book (which you can listen to and even take a running record of) and earn star which they spend in the rocket room. I just sent all my kiddos a personalized message after reviewing their work. I can't believe how many books they had read already. They are really pumped! I hope it lasts. Parents are VERY excited with the program too.

A BIG THANK YOU to Beth Ann at Taming my Flock of Firsties and Katie over at First is a Fairytale for giving me a blogging award. It's a pretty one too. (Make sure you check out their lovely blogs! They have great stuff to share!)


The rules are:
1. Link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Pass the award on to 15 other lovely bloggers.
3. Follow the person who sent it to you.

It's always so hard for me to pass an award on because there are SO MANY lovely blogs in blog land. I'd like to give it to everyone.
Here's my list:

Frogs in First




First Grade Glitter and Giggles





Krazy About Kiddos







Photobucket



Beg, Borrow, Steal


http://goingnuttyinmisssquirrelsfirstgrade.blogspot.com/


Learn, Laugh, Grow Button


DillyDabbles



Photobucket

You really should check out these lovely blogs. There are TONS of great ideas! My how I love the blogging world. I have learned so much from all of you and I'm a much better teacher because of it. 
I hope you have a great week!

7 comments:

Shelley said...

Our school does it too and I have loved it. No more homework books back and forth, they just have to login!

Melissa said...

I use Razkids and ReadingA-Z, they are great. Thanks for the award!
DillyDabbles

Tanya said...

I love RAZ-Kids. My district purchased it this year too. I have bought a single license in the past, and was so excited that the district paid for it this year. My firsties LOVE earning stars for their rocket ship. I love checking up on them and awarding them more stars when they've done really well on their quizzes.
☺ Tanya
fantabulous1stgr@aol.com
First Grade is Fantabulous!

Laurie said...

Raz-Kids is a great program. I've used it for the last couple of years. Have you seen Bookflix through Scholastic? Another great program.

Laurie
http://firstgradelyonsden.blogspot.com/

Michelle Tsivgadellis said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment!!! I noticed I hadn't grabbed your button, so I will do that right now!! You are so sweet & I love your blog..


Michelle

The 3AM Teacher

Anonymous said...

You are too stinkin' sweet! Thank you so very much for my award! I will for sure be blogging about it this weekend!
Rebecca
darlininfirst.blogspot.com

Dawn Hilburn said...

Thanks for nominating me for this award. I finally posted about it and linked back to you. Love your blog!
First Grade Shenanigans