Monday, September 1, 2014

Good-Bye Dear Friend- Yolanda Arnold

I just jumped on to check my emails and catch up on all my friends on bloglovin' when I read about the passing of Yolanda Arnold from Oceans of First Grade Fun. I'm in a state of shock. 
Hers was the first blog I read. She inspired me to start blogging. She was such a creative and talented teacher. She has always been so generous and willing to share her ideas. She did a guest blogger post for me a few summers back and was so fun to work with. Yolanda has touched a countless number of students and colleagues with her amazing inspiration and talents. She will be greatly missed. 

(This picture was taken from Blog Hoppin's site)
You can head over to Blog Hoppin' and read all the awesome comments from teachers and fellow bloggers about this wonderful lady. You could even leave one of your own.

Blog Hoppin
The world has lost an exceptional educator!


2 comments:

Chrissy said...

I was so sad to hear of her passing as well. It seems her blog was one of the first ones a lot of us started reading. I used a lot of her fabulous math ideas!
Chrissy
First Grade Found Me

Leslie said...

I, too, was so saddened to hear of Yolanda's passing. While I did not have the opportunity to meet her "personally", she was my closest TPT "neighbor" (geographically speaking) and I thought of her as a friend. She was faithful to respond very quickly to the many questions I sent her way and she always responded with such encouraging words.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends at this time. Yolanda will be greatly missed.