Thursday, April 11, 2013

Life Cycles

We are knee deep in life cycles this week and lovin' it. I found some great resources I want to share with ya'll!

Michelle over on Apples and ABC's has some great packets on life cycles. Her darling ladybug one is even FREE! Can't beat that. Click on her blog name above for a link to her TpT shop.
I also found a great video by National Geographic, the GeoKids series called Tadpoles, Dragonflies, and the Caterpillar's Big Change. I found it on YouTube in 4 parts. It was a little fuzzy on the big screen but my kiddos LOVED it anyway. I did find it on Amazon.com in VHS format if you're interested. I'm sad it's not a DVD because it is a GREAT movie. It shows the life cycle of several animals not mentioned in the title like a koala, albatross, salamander, and mosquito. Pretty amazing stuff.


Also, I found a great post by an awesome teacher about life cycles and lots of book ideas. Sharon Dudley at Teaching with Sight is an inspiration to us all. PLEASE check out her blog and make sure you click on the video at the top of the page and watch her dancing with her kiddos. Sharon is a blind National Board Certified Teacher teaching Kindergarten. An absolutely amazing story.

Oh and one more thing- Don't forget my butterfly packet. It has an Early Reader about butterflies with a writing activity. You can find it on my TpT or Teacher Notebook shop by click on my sidebar.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you've found something you can use in your classroom.
Have a great FRIDAY!


1 comment:

Barbara said...

Thanks for all the life cycle info, Sheree!
Barbara
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs